Classic Inca Trail is One of the most popular hikes in the world, the Inca Trail takes you through the Andes along ancient ruins on the most popular hiking trail in South America. Crossing the trail to Machu Picchu Historical Sanctuary showcases mountains, animals and vegetation. Make this journey in four days through three mountain passes and get up close and personal with the peaks, lush cloud forest, rivers and dozens of Inca ruins on the 26-mile trek reaching 13,800 feet. There’s certainly a mystique about hiking to the ruins of a civilization passed.
Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4D
Day 1: Cusco – Piscacucho (Km. 82) – Huayllabamba.
The Classic Inca Trail, begin at 6:00 am, early morning departure from Cusco to Piscacucho (2,663mt./8,735ft.) by bus. The Inca trail meanders easily alongside the river with views of snow-capped peaks before reaching the ruins of Llaqtapata. There are views of the Urubamba mountain range and its most spectacular peak, Veronica (5,832mt./19,128ft). Campsite is at Huayllabamba (2,928mt./9,606ft).
Day 2: Huayllabamba – Warmihuañusca – Pacaymayo
Today will be the most strenuous part of the trek going up to Llulluchapampa where the hike becomes truly spectacular with scenery that more than compensates for the effort. Vegetation thins and the day warms on the approach to the highest point of the Inca trail – Warmiwañusqa Pass (4,236mt./13,894ft). Camp on the Pacaymayo Valley (3,526mt./11,566ft).
Meals: Breakfast , Lunch, Dinner.
Day 3: Pacaymayo – Runkuracay – Wiñaywayna
The group climbs an Inca stairway to Runkurakay and begins the final push to the Runkurakay pass (3,962mt/12,996ft.). After visiting the impressive ruins of Sayacmarca (3,657mt./11,998ft.), continue on to the Phuyupatamarca Ruins (3521mt./ 11,552ft). The Inca trail becomes increasingly more dramatic as it leads down to the next campsite at Wiñaywayna.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Wiñayhuayna – Inti – Punku – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Morning arrival to the spectacular Machu Picchu. After a professional guided tour, catch a bus to Aguas Calientes where the group boards a train for Cusco; a journey winding through the beautiful Urubamba River Valley. Transport to your hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Classic Inca Trail Includes:
- Transportation Cusco – KM 82 “Piscacucho”. (Start walking .
- Professional bilingual tour guide English /Spanish.
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people).
- Entrance Fee to Machu Picchu.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners. ”Vegetarian (vegan) food on request at no extra cost!.
- Cook. (Professional).
- Drinking water along the Inka trail, only on meal times.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- 1st Aid Kit.
- 01 Oxygen Ball.
- Porters (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Quadruple & waterproof Camping tent “02 people only”.
- 01 Sleeping Mattress per person “thermal rest”.
- 01 Bus ticket Machupicchu Inca City to Aguas Calientes.
- Return train tickets in Expedition Service (Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco).
Classic Inca Trail not Includes:
- 1st Breakfast, Last Lunch.
- Extra Porters for carry persona staff (Optional US$ 130.00 per 4 days total 15 kilograms).
- Other not mentioned.