Day 1: Cusco – Humantay
(Humantay Lake – Full day)
Pick up from your hotel, we will begin our adventure towards Lake Humantay with a 2 hours private transportation to Soraypampa (3850 masl).
Soraypampa is the camp for the first day of the Salkantay Trek. In Soraypampa we will have a delicious breakfast to start our day before starting our trek. In Soraypampa we will begin our trek to Humantay Lake (4200 masl) with beautiful views and if the sky is clear enough, we can even see the impressive Apus Salcantay and Humantay (The Apus are the spirits of the mountains).
It is a 1.5 hour walk to the lake with a low to moderate difficulty, but it will be more than worth it when you see the magical view. It is also possible to rent a horse in its place. We will have enough time to take photos, bring an offer to the Apus, and for the true bravest; Swim in the lake when it’s sunny! After some free time, we will begin our descent to Soraypampa of approximately 1.5 hours, which is much easier than climbing. In Soraypampa we will wait for lunch and after a bit of rest we will return to Cusco where we will arrive at 6:00 pm
End of our services
Humantay Lake – Full day INCLUDES
- Personal assistance along your tour.
- Touristic Bus with insurance SOAT.
- Professional bilingual guide (English – Spanish) along your excursions.
Humantay Lake – Full day NOT INCLUDES
- Entrance fees to all touristic attractions.
- Unscheduled Meals.
- Others not specified in the Program.
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU BRING:
- Small daypack.
- Water bottle.
- Sun hat/cream.
- Boots or Sturdy walking shoes.
- Pants are recommended not shorts.
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks and TIPS.
- Rain poncho in case whether are cloudy.