This tour has to be a combination not very traditional and therefore very attractive to make, it consists in visiting two of the attractions of the Sacred Valley, such as, the salt mines of Maras and the Inca laboratory of Moray, each with different purposes but united at the time of the Incant. Then go to the main course on the second day of this tour, Machupicchu one of the wonders and destinations that one should not miss while in Peru.
Day 1 : Cusco – Moray – Salt Mine – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
We pick you up at your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley navigating through the hairpin bends each motion in change of direction stiring the pot of excitement within as we arrive at the stunning Inca site of Moray also known as “The Greenhouses of the Incas” which is unique and fascinating.
Different levels of terraces are carved into a huge bowl, part of which was further excavated by the Incas. The terraces have varied microclimates depending on how deep into the bowl they are and so they were thought to have been used by the Incas to discover the optimal conditions for their crops.
With energy enhanced full of positive vibrations the mind is open to exploring this next beautiful Inca sight, the colonial town of Maras and to the Pre-Inca Salt Mine (Salineras). Thousands of salt pans have been used for salt extraction since before Inca times.
A hot spring at the top of the valley discharges a small stream of heavily salt laden water, which is diverted into salt pans and evaporated to produce a salt that is used for cattle licks.
Continuing to enhance your journey of discovery we travel to the quaint Ollantaytambo, following on the cobblestone covered pathways to where you will explore the Massive Inca remains with our guide.
In preparation for our connection to the legend Machu Picchu we board our train to Aguas Calientes. On arrival the hotel representative will greet and transfer you for your night in the hotel.
Day 2 : Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Bursting out with excitement on your final surreal day, we take the 5.30am bus to Machu Picchu archeological site making sure we tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site the master Machu Picchu what an unforgettable experience.
Your guide will expertly direct you through the energetic ruins and its diverse main streets. Then on your own, wander around the town squares of the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Or stay still and find the samsara within as you sit in the pure delight of the moment.
If you wish to indulge in a few of the following activities on your own (not included in the price)
- Climb up Huayna Picchu and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu.
- You will be given some time to walk to the Sun Gate or Inti Punku.
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs.
You will descend to Aguas Calientes and later on, board the train at 4:22pm for the return trip to Cusco stopping at the Ollantaytambo station and be driven back to your hotel.
End of our services
- Tourist Train Tickets (Round trip)
- Professional tour guide
- Excursion on Maras and Moray
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets to Machupicchu Inca City and to Machupicchu town (Aguas Calientes)
- First aid kit
- 1 night in a touristic hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day .
- Tips are not included but it is optional
- Upgrade to Single room in Aguas Calientes (35$).
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (80$ ).
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu (65$) – There is only a limited space at Huayna Picchu (400 persons per day), so it is a good idea to
- book in advance.
- We can help you to book hotels (standard and luxury) in whole Peru.
- Hotels in Cusco: no matter what the standard you would like (Standard, Economy, First Class, or Luxury) you should ask us to book
- your room as we know all the different rates for every hotel in Cusco and might secure you a pretty sweet deal.
- To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card. Scan the card and email us the copy at the time of your booking. We
- will then offer a $20 discount per student.
- For children younger than 16, we offer a $20 discount (you also need to scan and email us a copy of the passports).
- For children younger than 7, we offer a $50 discount (same here: you need to scan and email the passports).