Day 1: Cusco – Chachabamba – Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu
We pick you up from your hotel with our bus at 5:40am (depending on the train time) and take you to the train station. Once on board you are in for on a very picturesque route for two and a half hours until we reach kilometer 104 – Chachabamba, the start of your unforgettable adventure: hiking to Machu Picchu. From here, we have a walk of approximately 4 hours up to the Inca site of WiñayWayna (‘Forever Young’) (2680m/8792ft), the most impressive site on the whole Inca Trail.
We then continue our Inca Trail tour on to Inti Punku (‘Sun gate’) (2730m/8792ft) from where you have your first view over the majestic Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft). We walk down the last part of the trail towards the ancient city itself. Before reaching Machu Picchu, we have a short rest and then descend to Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu Pueblo by tourist bus. We arrive at around 4:30pm, which gives you plenty of time to enjoy that colorful city once you have left all you things at your hotel.
Meals: Lunch – Tea Time – Dinner.
Day 2: Excursión at Machu Picchu
After a rich and tasty breakfast we take the bus at approximately 6am up to Macchu Picchu so we can enjoy the beautiful sun rise. A hiking tour of around 2 hours is given by your tour guide, after which you can explore the mysterious city all by yourselves. When you feel you are full with the mystical vibes of that legendary place we return to Aguas Calientes to catch the train back to Ollantaytambo followed by a bus to Cusco. You should back to your hotel at 10:30pm. And here ends your Machu Picchu hiking adventure.
Optional: If you would like to spend an extra day in Machupicchu, please let us know so we can change the date on your return train ticket to Cusco. Inka Trail Expeditions Perú can provide a guide and hotel for the extra day at an additional cost. Please be aware that you will have to pay for a second day entrance ticket to the Machupicchu Inca City.
End of our Services
- Train tickets to Km. 104/Chachabamba (where we start walking) .
- Professional bilingual tour guide .
- Assistant tour guide (for groups of 9 or more people).
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Bus tickets to Machupicchu Inca City and to Machupicchu town.
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 afternoon snack, 1 dinner and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day; the first breakfast and every .
- meals after the breakfast on day 2 are not included.
- First aid kit.
- 1 oxygen tank.
- 1 night in a touristic hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day – lunch at the last day at Aguas Calientes.
- Extra porter for personal items.
- Tips are not included but it is optional.